Friday, April 1, 2011

Throwing Myself a Pity Party

Thank GOD for vodka...and sonic's diet cherry limeade.

I honestly can't tell if I'm slightly tipsy or just extremely tired.... I vote for the former.

I typically like spending quality time by myself. I do. But lately, I've been yearning for some human relations...not romantic...just some pseudo meaningful conversation. That DOESN'T have to do with theatre. Don't get me wrong, I love my art, and others art but I'm sick of the same hum-drum A/B dialogue.

A: "I saw your show. I thought it was fantastic!"
B: "Thanks. It was a great process."
A: "Very cool. What's next for you?"
B: "Oh, this thing with xyz theatre, what about you? What are you working on?"

When I asked someone the other night, "what's new with you?", they started to tell me about their next project and I said, "no, no. what's new in your LIFE?" And this stumped the person.

I know that at times, theatre consumes us...it consumes me. But I'd like to have a life in addition to that. But than again, I'm home. Alone. By myself. On a friday night, thinking of ways to make my life more exciting.

Here's to getting wasted...alone. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Here's something to make things more exciting.

    At sonic get a diet sprite with green apple. Add your vodka. It tastes just like an apple-tini.

    If I could sit on a porch with you drinking a boulevard wheat discussing important things, I would.... not that we've ever done that but the thought of it sounds really appealing. Especially at 4 o'clock in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this just in adding vanilla to the orange fanta tastes like a cream-sickle...with vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both those drinks sound amazing!

    But lately all it takes is a half a bottle of riesling and I'm toasted...I've totally lost my tolerance.

    I would really like to get drunk with you and have meaningful conversation. We should make that happen....for real.

    ReplyDelete