Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yellow lighters, miles. Boxes and dudes

What a freaking crazy week!

While I was in Ks, I was asked to write about my "yellow lighter theory" on life...It went something like, "add a sentence, pass it on"...I know, right?! I wish I could remember said theory, I'm sure I could live by it now if I could grasp what my drunken, drug induced self meant so many years ago. If it comes to me, I'll be sure to post again.

I lured my dear dear friend Matty P to help me drive to Austin...it was work. Loading the truck, driving straight through, arriving to Austin w/out a key to my new place, driving around aimlessly to kill time...good grief. I'm not sure if any of you know, but I found my roommate/house on craigslist. I found the listing while in Montana and what caught my eye was the dudes description of himself, "I"m just a damn dude, who likes to watch sports, fish, and drink beer." I thought that even if I didn't get a roommate out of the situation, that I wanted to meet this guy...so I did, and I'm now living with him. Boy, is he just that...a damn dude.

I imagine that this will be very short lived...he'll either get sick of me and kick me out or I'll go ape shit on him and leave. That's the beauty, I suppose, about this living situation is that I DIDN'T SIGN A LEASE!
-He has asked me 3 time already, what I was going to do with the boxes in the living room...I've been here 3 days, AND I told him it would take me a while to figure out where I was going to store my life in the tiny room I'm now renting for 585$ a month.
-He also didn't have a key made for me until yesterday (Sunday) even though he's known I was moving in for more than a month, paid rent AND he cashed my check.
-He also has sports radio on 24/7...and not quietly AND leaves it on when he's not home.
-He doesn't have cable but told me I couldn't put my TV in the living room because he's 'planning' on getting a plasma.
-He doesn't have a car...
-He drinks fatty natty's
-He can not hold a conversation of any sorts
-He goes to bed late, and wakes up late

There you go, Matty. My first blog about the damn dude...I'm sure there will be more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment