Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last Day in Whitefish

My summer in Montana has been so eye opening. After the spring I endured, between the death of my grandparents, a major stupid break-up, and almost not graduating, I was literally about to give up. I'm writing this on the company lake house dock on Whitefish lake and it couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to end this journey. This lake house is where the company, my new summer family, have spent every Sunday of the last 8 weeks, grilling, boating, drinking and laughing. And today I feel so very blessed to have taken a leap into a summer of firsts:

Never have I ever...

1. Moved to a different state without knowing anyone
2. Seen such breathtaking scenery
3. Lived on a mountain and, for a few days, shared my condo with a squirrel
4. Hiked to the top of a mountain...more than once
5. Stood in the mist of a waterfall on my birthday AND THEN had my friends throw me a lavish mexican fiesta in a power outage
6. Worked for and with people who are so passionate about their art and sees that passion in my eyes
7. Paid $3.50 for a Skyy and tonic w/two limes
8. Felt as young as I look
9. Been white-water rafting, tubing, zip-lining or wake-boarding
10. Driven to Seattle with a complete stranger, through a goat trail
11. Been so in love with myself or my work

Whitefish, MT the home of the Alpine Theatre Project and all of the people involved has definitely left a lasting impression on my heart. I know have a fresh outlook on life. This company took a chance on me based on the words of one man (who undoubtedly believes in me) and have no idea how they have changed my life.

I am so grateful to have passed by everyone of you on this journey. You all have reminded me of who I am and what I'm here for. Thank you. For believing in me when I was losing faith in everything and everyone. I hope that you will all stay a part of my life because you all are great.

Much love forever and always!!

2 comments:

  1. What a momentus experience! Is it something you might be able to do each summer to rejuvinate your soul?

    n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie this sounds so fantastic what an amazing summer i am so jealous! Let me know your next steps in life hopefully we can meet up soon!

    Much love,

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete